Thursday, October 23, 2008

The week of mental preparation

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions. My nervousness and anxiety started building up and got to me. I broke down on Tuesday evening, miserable and crying like a baby. (Note to the readers: I usually don't cry so easily.) My hubby and brother bravely tried to console me. They were trying hard not to laugh at my foolish bawling. I have never been so worked up for an exam. I felt terribly under-prepared. I knew how to run 19-20 miles but I didn't know how to run the last 6. I felt I had bitten off more than I could chew. What was I thinking when I signed up to do the full marathon distance? At mile 19 on the course there is a bridge. It is opened up to traffic in the latter part of the day. You need to cross it within 4 1/2 to be able to continue onwards. What if I don't get there in time? I feared getting disqualified :(

I got out on Wednesday morning and ran 4 miles. I have been feeling upbeat ever since. I am observing that I have got addicted to running. If I don't run I get depressed. I'd rather run than be depressed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment