Saturday, October 4, 2008

9/27 10-miler

It was the off-weekend. After a series of 16, 18-milers in the previous weeks, I got a low-intensity distance on my schedule in preparation for the 20-miler in the next week. It is funny how I now dismiss a 10-mile run with a casual shrug :)

My running buddy, Divya, had to do 18 miles. Her schedule had gone out of sync by mistake and she had done the 10-miler last weekend. The weather was quite bad... humid, overcast skies... not the perfect day to run long distance.

We set off to do the 6 mile loop in CP and threw in an additional 1.8 miles on the Bridle Path around the reservoir. Had water and gu gel refreshment at the tree and set off again. I had to do just 2 more miles. We set off again on the East Drive part of the loop, and got on to the Bridle Path near 86th St. Divya suggested I just run back to the tree to do the last mile. But I insisted on running with her all 10 miles. We ran around the reservoir once and then I headed back to the Asha tree. A total of 12 miles. When I had told Divya that I didn't mind doing couple of extra miles, she had said "You have become such a runner!" :)

Mileage: 3+5+12 = 20

No comments:

Post a Comment