Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 15, 18, 19 Riverside Park

I have been doing my usual run in the Riverside Park. On Sunday afternoon, I ran along with Laukik. He runs too fast for me so I let him go ahead and tailgated him throughout. The afternoon heat was getting unbearable and annoying, I was showing clear signs of PMS viz, short-temper, irritation, lack of patience. I somehow chugged on for 2.5 miles and was glad to get done with it.

After a rest of 2 days, I got back into my running shoes and ran from 120th St to 66th St in the park. I had intended to run 4 miles but Google maps tells me that I ran about 5.5 miles. My legs aren't too tired. Running feels less of an effort now. Maybe its the weather (Cool 60s). Maybe its my shoes (I switched back to my old running shoes, the new ones are too cushiony and feel like lead weight, I am heading back to Jack Rabbit to get them changed). Maybe its the music (I was listening to the Kiss FM radio channel). Maybe its the strength-training in the gym (I did it twice this week, wonder if it has instant benefits). Maybe its my hormones. Maybe its all of the above. I hope this streak continues.

The Hudson River is my new best friend. I see him thrice a week and he is happy to run along with me :)

2.5, 5, 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment