Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 10 and 11 - Riverside Park

I have been doing the same 4 mile route in the Riverside Park in the past 3 days. It is soon going to get really boring.

On Tuesday, Tejas and I walked/ran as far as the 79th St Boat Basin and the pier that juts into the river. In the evening, we went to the Jack Rabbit store on 14th St and bought running shoes. We both got ASIC Nimbus. The shoes have gel in the soles and give good cushioning. My knees are very grateful. The shoes are slightly heavier than my current ones and cost a small fortune (120 bucks). They look a bit ugly (white, silver, frost blue) but who cares.

On Wednesday, I was on my own. The riverside path near 96th st was blocked by police barriers. A car had skidded off the 96th St exit ramp and fallen into the Hudson river in the early morning hours. The NYPD divers were looking for the car and any people overboard. News article here, photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment