Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May 27 Riverside Park

It started raining at 6 o'clock, my usual time to head out for a run. I was quite frustrated as I had skipped the run on Monday and skipping Tuesday would be really bad for my schedule. It was pouring like it rains in Mumbai but miraculously the rain stopped and by 7 pm the sky had cleared up and you could see the sun. This is one great thing about Daylight Savings Time. It is bright outside even at 8 in the night. I quickly changed into my running gear and took along a windbreaker and cap and set out to Riverside Park.

Riverside Park runs along the Hudson river on the west side of Manhattan from W79th St to W125th St. It houses tennis courts, skateboarding rinks, baseball fields and a narrow garden walkway. There is a bike trail cum running path right along the edge of the river. I love running on that path. The river is very serene and dotted with a few ships, sailing yachts and gulls. Geo Washington bridge makes for a great landscape. In the evening the sky and river are splashed with shades of pink, blue, lavender.

I ran from 116th St to 79th and then I turned back and ran all the way to 125th. That's about 5 miles. I need to get a running meter for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment