Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May 31 Asha team

The plan for the day was to do a timed 1 mile run and then go for a 4 mile relaxed run in Central Park. We met at 8:30 in the morning at the Asha tree in the park. I was a bit worried that I might not be able to run at all as I had consumed a significant amount of alcohol and slept fitfully (if at all) the previous night. I guess running is more about will power than physical ability. I told myself, "You got to what you got to do", and set off.

I did the mile in 10:43 and then went ahead for the long run. I was feeling quite dehydrated and took several water breaks on the round trip from lamp post 6202 that marks the 62nd St to 02-something that marks 102nd St. Surprisingly, I had no aches and pains and felt good to go for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment