Thursday, August 28, 2008

Week of 8/10-8/17

Week of Les Miserables. I started this week's run with a stiff left ankle. I was limping more than jogging and was quite frustrated and miserable. After stretching a few times in the span of the first mile, my muscles felt much better. Then I made the mistake of doing interval training with Laukik. I did 4 thirty second laps of running fast and slow. The sprinting made my ankle much worse and I was limping for the rest of the week. At the same time my hormones were playing games with me, I was truly PMS-ed and miserable.

Skipped the Thursday run, rested until Saturday. I was scheduled to do 12 miles that week. On Sunday late morning, I strapped up my ankle in elastic bandage and set off from Riverside Park. The initial 2 miles were agonizing. I was taking walk breaks every few minutes and stretching my leg muscles desperately. It became easier after that. I ran down to 60th st and crossed over to Central Park. Ran part of the big loop, passed the Asha tree, reached the south end of the reservoir. Did 2 rounds of the reservoir (the track is soft and kinder to the knees). Laukik joined me at that point and we proceeded on the outer loop towards Harlem Hill.

By then my foot had expanded and I could feel the bandage squeezing at my foot tightly. At the Northwest corner of CP, we abandoned the plan of completing the outer loop and got out of the park. We rewarded ourselves with Chipotle Burrito Bowls and OJ flavored protein shake :)

Mileage this week: 3 + 10

No comments:

Post a Comment