Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week of 9/8-14

Last Sunday, I made the mistake of doing the post-long run cross training on a strider. I got a nagging stiffness in my left ankle. I have been feeling this stiffness on and off but I noticed it gets worse when I go anywhere close to cardio machines. I better stay off the machines.

I managed the Tuesday run fine but missed the Thursday routine due to the Presidential candidates event in school.

Had a 16-miler on Saturday. It was a big leap from the 13 miles I had run before. The weather was hot and humid and my clothes were dripping sweat. I did 2 loops of the park and the 4-mile round trip on the east side. My knees were hurting at the 12th mile. I scraped through the last 4 with Divya dragging me along. My knees were devastated and wouldn't go another step. In the last few blocks I got a stitch in my stomach and had to walk the last 0.2 miles.

16 miles later, my knees hate me :(

Mileage = 5 + 16 = 21

No comments:

Post a Comment